With WebSelf, you can use a domain that you already own. You can easily transfer the hosting your existing domain to WebSelf. It’s like moving from one home to another, but without the hassle!
To proceed with a domain transfer, you first must be subscribed to a Premium plan.
Advantages of transferring a domain name:
- Manage your domain name and your website in one place.
- Forget the stress of multiple logins and deadlines payments to different hosts.
Note: The only extensions hosted by WebSelf are: .com, .net, .org, .ca, .fr and .be.
To proceed with a domain transfer, you first must be subscribed to a Premium plan and then by accessing your Dashboard.
1.- Click on Manage;
2.- Click on Domains in the left column, then on the link ¨Already own a domain name? ¨
3. Select ¨Transfer it to WebSelf¨;
4. Read the Prerequisites before starting the transfer;
5. Enter the Domain Name and Extension (.com, .net, .org, .fr) and click on Next;
6. Check the Contact information, Technique, Billing, and Administrative.
7. If you want to use the same information that your Billing information, check mark "Use same information as above"; then click on "Next".
WARNING! Pay particular attention to the email address you have entered; all future communication concerning your domain will be sent there.
Make sure that there is no typing errors or risk of interruption of service. That's why we recommend using a personal address such as @ gmail.com, @ yahoo.com, @ hotmail.com, etc.
8. Choose the "Registration Type,” either Private or Public Registration.
The private registration service allows you to hide in the WHOIS your contact information for all generic domains (.com, .net, .org, .info, .mobi) that you have already deposited or that you wish to deposit, thus avoiding attacks, fraud or spam.
That said, since 25 May 2018, the European Union’s ('EU') new General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) is already protecting the contact information of residents of the European Union. If this is your case, it is not necessary to take a private registration and pay an extra fee.
9. Check the "Summary" and proceed to "Payment" (if applicable).
10. You receive an email from our OpenSRS Registrar ([domains] Transfer request for MyDomain.com), click on the link that appears in the message, then on "I Accept", then enter your EPP key (authorization code) .
11. Once you have sent the request, you will receive an email from your former Registrar to approve the transfer, click on the link that appears in the message, in order to Accept the transfer request.
NOTE: This email is used to accept or to cancel the transfer request; you have 5 days to retract. If you do not cancel the request, the transfer will be completed, according to the usual deadline.
Once the transfer request is accepted, the transfer process can take up to two weeks to complete depending on the extension and domain registrar.
Once the domain transfer is completed, to verify ownership of your domain, you will receive an email at the email address that is associated with your domain name Subject: "IMMEDIATE VERIFICATION required for MyDomain.com"), click on "Click here to Verify your request"; if you do not confirm within 15 days ownership of it, your domain name will be disabled.
For your information:
Email addresses linked to your domain name will not be transferred with your domain. Once the transfer is completed, you can create the email addresses again.